Sunday, October 3, 2010

Comments for Classmates #1

The first classmate I commented on was Carey Dekle. What she thought about the Mr. Winkle video was the same reaction I had. We both agreed that Mr. Winkle was wrong. That classrooms have changed over the past 100 years. When I put this on my blog Jamie Lynn, our lab associate for our EDM 310 class, disagreed with me saying that, "The majority of schools are operating like schools 100 years ago. Teachers are still lecturing, while students sit quietly in their desks taking notes." I told Carey about Jamie Lynn's comment, and after thinking about it, the odds of a teacher not using technology are most likely higher than those who do. Doesn't anyone from high school remember the teachers that just lectured on and on? I sure do. We even had smartboards that just sat there and got dusty my senior year. Teachers didn't know how to use them, and it was questionable if they even cared. I mentioned how teachers are so used to the "old" way of doing things so maybe we can change that for them in the future.
http://deklecareyedm310.blogspot.com

The second classmate I commented on was Sarah Davis. Sarah and I both agree that you have to have a passion for teaching in order to be a good teacher. I asked Sarah, "If teaching is a passion, then why do teachers slack so much on their responsibilities?" Sarah said that school is not a place to hide from technology, and I agree. I reminded her however, that it is not just for school our students will be learning technology, but for life experiences as well. It isn't only about the technology, even though it is important, it is about how we can bring out that same passion for learning in our students, as we have for teaching.
http://davissarahedm310.blogspot.com

The third classmate I commented on was Sydney Broughton's class blog. She wrote how she really like the iSchool idea. I commented and told her one of my opinions, which was how I felt the teacher-student relationship would be take away, which is key to development in students, so I asked her how she felt about that.
http://broughtonsydneyedm310.blogspot.com

The fourth classmate I commented on was Heather Bright. I love her page first of all. You can tell just by viewing it that she appreciates what this class can really give us, and you can tell she really is enjoying her work. She pointed out that podcasts allows students to get creative and I love that because she sees all of the benefits that come out of podcasting for students, and teachers as well!
http://brightheatheredm310.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment